Riga Old Town
Riga Old Town is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list - most of the buildings in this area have been granted the status of a cultural monument. The architecture of the Riga Old Town represents different movements, from Romanesque, gothic and baroque buildings to classical and modernist examples. Here you will find the most popular entertainment venues and recreational sites, museums, as well as shopping and business centres.
visit riga old town:
- Riga Old Town - the historical centre of the capital of Latvia, Riga, included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Most of the buildings in the area have been granted the status of a cultural monument. The architecture of the Riga Old Town represents different movements, from Romanesque, gothic and baroque buildings to classical and modernist examples.
- Riga Old Town is relatively small, so all favourite sights and spots of the city guests can be easily reached on foot;
- During the Middle Ages, Riga was an important port city and a fully-fledged member of the Hanseatic League which brought together the merchants from the Baltic region and Northern Germany. We are reminded of the economically booming period of the Hanseatic League by the Great and Small Guild, as well as the House of Blackheads with the statue of the knight Roland in front of it;
- Convent Yard (Konventa sēta) - one of the oldest neighbourhoods in the heart of Riga - here you can enjoy medieval architecture and the charming narrow streets of the old town.
- Nightlife - the Riga Old Town is one of the favourite spots for nightlife lovers. Various nightclubs and bars for all tastes can be found just a few steps from each other.
- Enjoy the traditional and modern flavours of Latvia by visiting some of the restaurants serving excellent meals from seasonal and local products.
Please, contact the front desk of the hotel to learn more about tours and leisure opportunities for groups in the Riga Old Town.